Saturday, 26 June 2010

Run (and walk!) - 26 June - 5.5 miles in the heat

Blistering hot morning.  I had intended to go running first thing when it was still cool, but life got in the way, so I set out late morning, with a litre of water in my backpack.

I managed to stay in the woods nearly all the way (apart from the first (and last) long field), so avoided the worst of the sun, but the heat had a real effect on me.  By 30 minutes I was really flagging and turned back for home and walked for a few minutes in the woods.  Coming back was a good mixture of mainly running with a few walks, and I finished off the litre of water as I finally emerged from the woods for the last 500 yards in the sun across the field.

5.5 miles in 61 minutes is a bit slower than usual, but what I expected given the heat.

Good lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment