Two contrasting trips out in two days.
On Sunday night, I went for a run after a busy weekend. Maybe I was tired after two late nights, or maybe it was something else, but I was awful. I had hiccups when I set out, and maybe that stopped me getting my breath, but everything seemed like hard work - hard breathing, heavylegs, tired. Limped round something under three miles and came home.
Yesterday, though, was different. I set out a bit before 9 with my son, who is a sprinter rather than a long distance runner, but is a bit out of form as he has been doing GCSEs and hasn't been running. We went off up the fields, but after about a mile stopped for a walk to let Robert get his breath back, and then ran and walked our way home. Once we were home, I set off again, feeling strong and fluid. I decided to take a well run route, along farm tracks for about 4 miles and then back along the road into the village. It was a lovely evening, dusk just coming on, and I felt great.
I could feel myself flowing, and the run seemed almost effortless. Chin up, chest out, feeling the flow. Trying to tread lightly as I landed. The route goes vaguely uphill for the first couple of miles and then a long down hill on the way back I saw several deer, getting quite close to some nibbling grass in the last of the evening sun before they saw me and bounded off, bouncing their way into hedges and woods.
I got home just after 10 in the rapidly gathering gloom, feeling exercised and not stressed, relaxed and happy with my body. If only running was always this good!
No comments:
Post a Comment