Saturday, 12 June 2010

Run - 11 June

It was a bit hard getting back into running this week.  The Rat Race was over and the OMM a long way away and no guarantee that we have a place.  But the end of July is too late to start training, so I need to get out now!

Lovely evening run last night.  5.9 miles in 63 minutes (my usual just-over-10-minute-miles pace).  Was good to be out, and came across a buzzard in the woods (unusual to see them jinking through the trees), a small deer on the path ahead of me (I must brush up on deer recognition - this one was a lovely red, but I don't think we have Red Deer in Micheldever Woods) and a pair of hares (I'd forgotten how big they are.  They ran off and I felt like a tortoise!), as well as all the usual pigeons, rabbits, yellowhammers etc.

My plan is for at least two runs like that a week (I'll go again on Sunday) supplemented by additional small runs and maybe some gym sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment