Saturday, 29 September 2012

5x50 - End of Week 3

We are nearly half way through 5x50, and I'm really pleased that I have stuck with it so far. In the first 21 days, as well as 52 km of cycling, I have run 77 km, 47.8 miles or 1.8 marathons!

That feels good, and shows what can be done if you do it in small chunks.  It has been a brilliant three weeks in my last minute OMM training (4 weeks to go!) and I am starting to believe that I am working my way past the injuries and strains that have dogged this year. (OK - I know that I am not out of the woods yet, and I am still getting the odd niggle, but stretches and strengthening exercises seem to be doing their job.

For the second half of 5x50, I will keep pushing the distances, and focusing on running rather than cycling. I'll try and make 5 miles the standard run instead of 5k (though I know I won't always have time to do that), and do some longer runs at the weekends.




No comments:

Post a Comment