4 weeks in and things have stepped up a pace.
Despite the odd ongoing niggles in my lower legs, I seem to be getting past the danger of reinjuring myself. I still get odd pains during the day when I am not running, but once I am up and out I am really only getting tightness in my calves and Achilles. I'll keep up the calf stretches and lifts - they seem to be doing the trick.
This week, as planned, all my runs have been over five miles, with just two days of bike rides to give my legs a rest. I have run 31 miles in total and cycled 12. That's far more than I would have believed I could be doing when I came out of Michaela's a few weeks ago. Tomorrow I shall run a good long run, maybe 9 or 10 miles, which will get me closer to my original plans to be running 20 miles per weekend by this time. 15 or 16 miles is a good effort, and combined with an additional 15 - 18 during the week I think I am getting there.
Plan now is to keep up this rate (5 runs a week, all 5 miles or more, longer at the weekends, plus two 5 mile bike rides) for the next two weeks, and then ease off for the last week, down to mainly 5k bike rides and a couple of 5k runs. Then two days of 15 miles each over the mountains!
No comments:
Post a Comment