Saturday, 8 September 2012

5x50

In a moment of madness, several of us (me, Pete, Alice, Duncan, Howard, Rick...) signed up for 5x50 yesterday. An Alastair Humphreys tweet laid the bait, and I fell for it.


5x50 is a brilliant idea and seductively simple.  50 consecutive days of 5 km running, walking or cycling. It is just easy enough to be doable. 5k is a 30 minute run, a 20 minute bike ride or an hour's walk. And 50 days is 7 weeks - not for ever.  I'm sure I can do that!

I'm going to enjoy the commitment to get out each day, rain or shine, for my 5k in the outside world, and it is just what I need to gently get my fitness back up for the OMM, which is looming over the horizon, just 7 weeks away.

I won't be easy some days.  The long days at Helyx when I don't get back until 1930 - tired and just wanting to relax. I'm in The Hague for two nights this week. Thursday nights when I have DofE. All these will need intricate weaving of runs and rides into the fabric of the day. Early morning outings maybe, or lunchtime runs from Helyx (with no showers - hmm!). But I'll get there.

Start tomorrow with a runwalk. Then cycling on Monday evening.

Looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment