Two weeks in and it is still going well. The miles are racking up, with a mixture of runs and bike rides. I decided somewhere along the way that whatever the rules may say, I am not going to walk my 5km. It'll all be runs or bike rides (and occasionally something equally energyful, like the gym).
High points of this week have been a couple of excellent runs. An fast and flowing 4.5 miles on Thursday was followed by 6.5 miles on Sunday. That's the longest run I have had since July, a couple of days before my latest calf strain. Even better was the feeling that I could easily have added a few more miles, and only stopped there for fear of overcooking my calves. I shall keep gently stretching the distance over the coming weeks (when time allows). I shan't get up to the 20 mile weekends I was hoping for before the OMM, but things are definitely getting better.
Low points this week have been my first 5x50 outing in the rain (Sunday morning) and the very early start on Monday (0530) to get my exercise in before driving to work. But neither of these was worth moaning about. Minor inconveniences to achieve a challenge that I am thoroughly enjoying.
A point that struck me as I was running through the woods the other morning was that apart from anything else, I have managed to find a spare 45 minutes in each day to do something new, something for me. Which set me thinking about what I could do with that time after 5x50 is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment