Sunday, 28 October 2012

End of 5x50

Today I did my final 5x50 run.  I hadn't expected to have to run, as we had planned to be doing Day 2 of the 2012 OMM. But having pulled out yesterday lunchtime I was home and had to polish 5x50 off properly.

I was still aching from yesterday's exertions, especially in the front of my thighs, but I set off up the fields at an easy pace. Standard loop down into and snaking around Micheldever Woods and then back across the fields to the village.  I could have just done a simple 3 miles , but felt that something a bit more substantial was called for to finish off the 5x50, so did seven miles.

That made my totals for 5x50:
  • Ran 148 miles (or 5.6 marathons!)
  • Cycled 84 miles
  • Walked 5 miles
A grand total of  237 miles (381 km)

It has been a great experience. The discipline of getting out every day, rain or shine, despite the pressures of work and family and life, has shown me that I can find time for other stuff, and stuff for me, in an already busy life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment