Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Almost there....

It's three days before the event, and if I'm not ready now I never will be. I have just been for a 2.5 mile run to test my legs and everything feels fine.  The running was smooth after my usual breathy start and I had no hint of pain in my Achilles, which bodes well. Thanks Michaela!


I am hoping that the fitness levels that I got up to will have endured the last few weeks and they will be enough to sustain me through two days in the mountains.


Kitwise I think I am well prepared and am basically using the same kit as last year. The OMM team issued a dire weather forecast a few days back, and I nipped out to get a merino base-layer to deal with being wet for two days! But the most recent forecast is better (Saturday: 12/9 °c.  Light Drizzle.  Wind speed 17/18mph SSW, Sunday: 11/8°c.  Cloudy .  Wind speed 12/13 mph SW), and I think we'll be fine. 


I have tested my camera, and it gets pretty good pictures when looped onto my chest strap with a rubber band. Pete has a waterproof camera too, so we should be able to make a pretty good video.


If I get time I'll post an update with my kitlist.



No comments:

Post a Comment