A couple of weeks ago I managed 38 miles in a weekend, giving me some confidence that with some more training I can actually manage the big run. But I also need to know that I can run 20 odd miles every day, day after day.
So 5x50 has come along at just the right time. 5km a day every day for 50 days - just the thing to get me used to running day after day. 5k isn't very far, so I decided to push it to 5 miles, and for a few days that has been going very well, and I turned in runs of 5.5 to 7.5 miles each day.
But yesterday I noticed that I had a slight strain in my groin which hurt a bit when I started running and then faded again as I spent a happy hour bushwacking around the New Forest. However, once I stopped again, it was clear that this was more than a niggle, and I need to ease off a bit to give it a bit of space to heal.
![]() |
| New Forest Stream |
a - I'll need boots
b - We'll need to stay closer to the groups.
However, it all comes together well. I probably shouldn't be running anyway with this groin strain, so I shall do a gentle 5k today, just to keep up my 5x50 credentials, and then walk each day at the weekend (5x50 allows 5k walks as well as running and cycling). With a bit of luck, by the time I am back on Tuesday my groin will have recovered and I can start gently running again.
Fingers crossed!

No comments:
Post a Comment