Thursday, 17 October 2013

Bugger!


In a post a while ago I talked about how I used to go through a cycle of:
  1. Injury
  2. Rest
  3. Gentle recovery
  4. Tentative runs
  5. More confidence
  6. Longer gentle runs
  7. Good period of runs - getting back up to full fitness, and approaching the amount of running I want to do to be ready for the OMM
  8. Out of the blue... go to 1

I thought those days were over. I have been training hard all summer and got through MvM without problem. And then more training and long runs with a pack.  No stage 8.

Until last Friday.  It was a simple evening run. I'd been out for 35 minutes and was just going up a hill when "ouch!". Shooting sharp and horribly familiar pain deep in my right calf. I immediately stopped running. Gently stretched and walked the mile or so home.

It was two weeks to the OMM. No time to recover from a serious strain. 

It's now eight days to the event and the pain has eased, but it is still there. I am seriously concerned about managing the event, even dosed up with ibuprofen.

I'm seeing Michaela tomorrow to see what she can do.  Let's hope it's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment