Saturday, 6 April 2013

OMM Training Starts Here


OK - I trained for Horseplay, for a short hilly muddy race.  Time to shift focus to the main event of the year - a long hilly muddy race!


OMM 2013 is 29 weeks away, which seems like a long time, but it'll soon evaporate. Last year neither Pete or I were really ready. Physically we were fit enough to get round, but I think neither of us had really got it right in our heads. So this year we are starting early.

A key part of the plan is that we'll be prepared for running with a pack. So today I stuffed my climbing rope and some odds and ends from the camping cupboard into a compression sack, and slid the resulting sausage into my Talon. Total weight 12lb. I plan to run regularly with that, and to ensure that by October putting on a 7kg rucksack will be as natural as putting on my Inov-8s.

No I just need to stay uninjured ....

No comments:

Post a Comment