Just for the record....
Gear:
Osprey Talon 33 Rucksack - This proved fine - comfortable and snug to my back. I forgot about it most of the time we were out. I know many people had smaller lighter packs, but my gear was too big to get too much smaller!
Salomon Speedcross 2 Fell Shoes - Seemed perfect! Good fit and comfortable all the way through. I like the single pull lace system - quick and easy to adjust.
Inov8 Debris Gaiters - We got these almost on a whim. They are a sock type collar thatgoes round your ankle with a fabric gaiter covering the top of the shoe. I am sure they kept plenty of Dartmoor peat out of my shoes, and helped keep my shoes on while dragging them out of peat bogs!
Paramo Cambi Zip Neck T shirt - long sleeved
OMM Kamleika Race Jacket - Light and comfortable, and room to wear a down jacket at base camp. I wore the jacket throughout the weekend, and it was great. Pockets could be a bit bigger (so you could get a map in them) but they were fine for storing gloves and other odds and ends. Kept me dry and warm - what more can you say?
OMM Kamleika Waterproof Trousers - I have the 2008 version, got cheap on eBay. They are very light and quiet. Wore them at the overnight camp to keep the rain off in the morning.
Ronhill Tracksters - Wore these all weekend. They were fine - dried quickly and did the job!
Rab Generator Jacket - small, stuffable Primaloft duvet jacket. Perfect at the overnight camp, worn under my Kamleika to keep warm while were were sorting stuff out. Maybe an extravagance for the event, but welcomed!
Terra Nova Laser tent - A good solid choice. It stood up well to the rigours of the overnight camp on the exposed moorside. Not a huge amount of space for two when you have to cook in it, but Pete and I are only little! I'd estimate that one in 3 teams was carrying a Laser. I had added a couple of extra guys for the night, attached to the apex of the roof, and I think they helped keeping it stable.
Thermarest Prolite 3 Small - Not the smallest or lightest mattress, but small and light enough! Kept me as comfortable as could be expected, and felt even better as I heard the repeated sound of balloons busting in the next tent!
Robens DownLite 500 Sleeping bag - Again, not the smallest bag on the circuit, but the best compromise for me between weight, warmth and cost. With hindsight I could have got away with my smaller, lighter summer bag, but it was good to know I'd be warm at night!
All in all I was quite happy with this lot. With more money it could have been smaller and lighter, but this was a good compromise.
No comments:
Post a Comment