![]() |
| Same lake as 2 weeks ago, but deeper! |
It has been a good week for running though. On Tuesday I got a PB and today I ran almost 20 miles.
The PB was 5 miles in under 40 minutes, in fact in 38'59" (according to Endomondo), done in the dark on flat hard paths. I was flagging towards the end, but still happy and impressed with myself!
Today was a bit of an endurance test for me. I am pondering a long run in the summer, which would involve me running some 20 miles a day. My plan would be to do it over two sessions of running each day, with 12 - 15 miles in the morning and then a long rest before another 6 - 10 miles in the afternoon/evening. But I haven't actually done that sort of distance in a day, let alone with a pack over some mountains! So I thought I'd better give it a try.
This morning I set out at about 0930 and did a half marathon over 2h 15m, partly along roads and hard tracks and partly through woods on muddy paths. That felt fine, and so this afternoon I set out and did another hour of running, covering some 6.3 miles in just over an hour. A total (19.5 miles) pretty close to the 20 mile target. And all done with a pack (albeit only 4kg) and over the biggest hills we have round here (which again isn't saying much, but it's a start!)
A good week, giving me a bit more confidence in making my mad plans a reality!

No comments:
Post a Comment