Sunday, 24 November 2013

Back to Running

I've had a bit of a break from running since the OMM, with the training pressure off and a bout of poorliness.

But inside I was still yearning to get out there. This morning, after dropping Lizzie off in town I stopped in Micheldever Woods and used the opportunity to run south rather than North. The car park is three miles from home, so usually if I run south from here it isn't far as I have to add another six miles to the overall distance.  But parking there for a change gave me the chance to explore the paths, lanes and old drove roads between the woods and the Itchen valley.

It was a chilly morning but a gorgeous run. Endomondo kept telling me I was doing 8'30" miles, which turned out to be a fib but kept me feeling that I was running well, despite my break in training. And I was running well, and enjoying being out in the winter air.

Red berries, running through crunchy brown leaves in the beech woods, a small herd of deer crossing my path, fieldfares flying overhead. The epitome of autumn/winter running .

New Ronhill winter tights are good too!



No comments:

Post a Comment