Sunday, 19 May 2013

5x50 - Second time around

I have really enjoyed 5x50 this year. There were fewer 0600 or 2200 bike rides to get the 5k done, and I am just that bit fitter and lighter than I was 6 months ago, which has made it all easier.



Over the last 50 days I have:
  • Run in Mediterranean sunshine, snow, rain, mist and hail
  • Run up the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Done the longest run I have ever completed (15.8 miles)
  • Run the fastest decent run I have ever managed (7'30" per mile over 4.9 miles)
  • Seen eagles, buzzards, deer (red, roe and muntjac , foxes, kites, a hobby, apes, sand martins, a cuckoo and a lizard.
  • Slept under the stars
  • Tripped over a few times
  • Watched spring as she has sprung
  • Got used to exercising every day
  • Lost 7 pounds
In total I have:
  • Run 243 km (or 151 miles) (or almost 6 marathons)
  • Cycled 51.6 km (or 32 miles)
  • Walked 52 km (or 32.3 miles) (all on DofE weekends when I couldn't run!)
It's been a great experience, again! The running and the exercise, of course, but also the very fact of getting outside in the open every day for at least 30 minutes, in every weather.

Roll on 5x50 Episode 3!


A few pictures from the last 50 days


Last leg of the Rock Run (Day 4)

Plants growing in a crack in WW2 concrete on the cliffs at Milford on Sea (Day 32)

 Our bivvy site on Exmoor (Day 36)

 The fields near Micheldever on a sunny evening (Day 31)

 Bluebells in Micheldever Woods (Day 49)

Early morning in Wiltshire (Day 47)


 Finishing the Long Run (Day 29)

 Sunset, Weston Down (Day 30)

Evening in the New Forest (Day 17)


No comments:

Post a Comment