Eight weeks isn't long, especially when you consider that I won't do that much in the last two. So six weeks to go really. Panic!!?
Actually I seem to be in a reasonable position. After numerous niggling injuries, my legs seem strong. I did a 12 mile training run a couple of days ago without problems, and a 6.5 mile run this morning. For the next few weeks I will be focusing on one long (Half Marathon distance) run on Saturday or Sunday and two shorter (but increasing) runs during the week. These are currently 6 or 7 miles, but I'll try and push one of them to 10 miles. I'll also try to move one of them to the other weekend day, to get my body used to doing long runs on consecutive days.
Soon I'll also start running with a pack. Maybe start with my hydration pack and a full bladder, and then transition to an 8kg Talon in a couple of weeks.
As if that wasn't enough I'll try and sort out some gym sessions to make sure I keep my lung capacity up for the uphill slogs.
Lot of work to do in the next eight weeks, but I'm feeling in a good place to start it!
No comments:
Post a Comment